Sunday, November 28, 2010

I'm Thankful Top Ten

I'm thankful for...

10. Health, which I don't appreciate enough because I think you can't until its fading. To walk or run or play in the sun is one of the best feelings in the world.

9. Significant Moments -- a pure, uninhibited talk with a close friend, a tender moment between my son and I, or one of the thousands of times I cry tears of love during worship

8. Our parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, cousins, nieces, nephews, aunts and uncles who shape Brent and I and love us despite our quirks

7. Simple Fortunes -- Taste buds that I keep in excellent condition and the plentiful supply of specimens to test them, the closet full of good deals on clothes, my house with its own special scent (which isn't mine; its just always smelled this way and I notice it everytime I return from a trip), the incomparable fulfillment of coming home

6. Girlfriends who know the worst and stay beside me, who laugh hard with me, encourage me through struggles, and listen to my countless "ya' know?'s"

5. Brent's sense of humor, usually, and his parenting genius and loyalty and all his other endearing qualities -- I don't want to be obnoxious so I'll stop there

4. Blake's inquisitive, gentle, skipping-everywhere, observant heart

3. Dane's sweet, giving, easy-going, cuddly nature

2. My parents who taught me so much, from driving a stick shift (which apparently was terrifying for them but fun for me) to trusting God to creating happiness

1. God the Father who carries me, the Holy Spirit who moves me, and Jesus Christ who sets me free

Happy Thanksgiving, from our family to yours

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Beautifully said!