Monday, November 3, 2008

The Blogassaince

This era of Blogging is rapidly changing the way I communicate and broadening my circle of friends. Since I've become a blogger...

1. I have friends that I think of almost daily and tell stories about, although we have never spent significant time together and have not actually communicated in years, if ever.

2. My friends here in town know all about my life without me telling them anything personally (and vice versa). I had this conversation several times last weekend:
Them: How was your trip?
Me: Great! The boys did great on the plane, we went to the pumpkin patch...
Them: I know. I saw the pictures on your blog.
Me: Oh. So. How 'bout them Phillies?

3. I stumble through conversations with my anticipated audience. I think some of them don't actually read my blog. I'll talk to a family member about something, thinking they've seen it here, and they just look at me blankly. I guess some people prefer to spend their precious time doing something more productive?

4. I've gained insights into my good friends by reading about their lives. I've seen the adorable things my friends' kids say and do when they are just with their families. Close friends and family don't seem so far away afterall. Old college acquaintences have become friends that make me smile. I've been uplifted by seeing how similar our lives really are. And I've gotten to see a few things I never anticipated.

3 comments:

Beth Hames said...

I love this post. It's all true. And now even more people have seen that guy in a speedo. :-)

Jessica said...

What? I am clueless about the speedo comment! This is all soo true.. I mean really...we don't even need to get together anymore to feel connected. Although we do need to talk about the stuff that is unbloggable!

MLW said...

Well said... So, have you found ANY family member that reads our blogs? Weird...my most reliable "audience" is Michelle and and my LA friends. Not exactly what I had in mind.

Anyway... I LOVE the speedo photo and the great school photo. I laughed out loud with that one. Reminded me of Blaker.