Brent and I managed to go away for a few days without the kids last week. I tagged along to a conference he had in Phoenix, AZ. We got to eat 9 peaceful, uninterrupted meals and go 3 nights without putting anyone else to bed! It was fabulous. I really enjoyed hanging out by myself during the day, doing whatever I wanted. I had the best french toast I have ever had (twice) at the resort, went on a little hike on South Mountain, shopped, worked out, laid out, and completely escaped responsibility. And Brent learned a lot at his conference. (Who got the better end of this deal?) In the evenings I think we both enjoyed talking and relaxing together, seeing a new city and just hanging out like the old days.
This is the view I had most of the time at the pool. Few people, no noise, no splashing...Brent and Midnight, me and Red. Or vice versa, I don't really know. But it was really fun to go horseback riding! When the sprinklers came up near a golf course, Brent's horse got scared and bucked up! Brent's rodeo skills came in handy though and he managed to stay on.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
The Getaway
at 9:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
What a great trip Andrea! Glad you two were able to get away. I think Mom's of little boys deserve one of those trips every year! (-:
I am drooling right now....partly b/c of this super-hot coffee but mostly b/c I am totally jealous!
That sounds like so much fun! I'm very happy for you. I bet you came back feeling like a whole new woman!
So fun! Great photos.
Post a Comment