My favorite things were:
1) the Sunrise - Dane happened to be wide awake from 4 to 6 a.m. both mornings, so I took advantage of the opportunity to watch the sunrise over the ocean. That is one great thing about East Coast beaches. The sky starts to color, then the top edge of the sun peeks over the water, bright as can be, and in just a minute or two the whole sun shines in its splendor. Being at the beach always pulls me closer to our Creator.
2) Playing with Blake in the Pirate pool (a very cool kiddie pool)
3) Savoring a Starbucks latte each morning overlooking the beach - (we don't get Starbucks often so it was extra special)
4) As soon as we got there, Brent and I were getting settled, and we looked over at Blake and he had set up his shovels into a baseball diamond and was swinging and running. The kid loves baseball!
5) He saw a group of pretty girls burying one girl in the sand, and he said he wanted to do that to me. So he got started burying me, scooping one little handful of sand at at time and slowly letting it sprinkle down. It was a sweet reminder of how kids have no concept of time, or finishing a project - they just want to have fun along the journey!
5) He saw a group of pretty girls burying one girl in the sand, and he said he wanted to do that to me. So he got started burying me, scooping one little handful of sand at at time and slowly letting it sprinkle down. It was a sweet reminder of how kids have no concept of time, or finishing a project - they just want to have fun along the journey!
Dane loved the sand.
This is Dane napping on the beach, all covered up in a towel. Can you see his hand? He was so well covered up that Blake laid down on him once.

3 comments:
That looks like so much fun! I am glad you got to go and enjoy yourselves!
wow looks like a really great time!! The boys look so cute on the beach. Dane looks so old to me. Hard to believe he's almost 1!!
-Tanya
Hey there! I'm a friend of your brother's. I only know you by "Bort." :)
I think we stayed at that exact hotel last spring. LOVED it. I picked it for the cool kid pool, but it was closed for resurfacing, so they gave me a free night. :) I would love to go back. Did you have any Thrasher's Fries on the boardwalk?
Post a Comment